At Eden Hills Primary School the Australian Curriculum is taught for our reception to year 6 students.
Teachers use curriculum to:
- plan student learning
- monitor and assess student progress
- report student progress to parents
- support student wellbeing.
The curriculum learning areas at Eden Hills Primary are:
- humanities and social sciences – history, geography, economics and business, civics and citizenship
- the arts – dance, drama, music, media arts, visual arts
- technologies – design and technologies, digital technologies
- health and physical education
- languages Japanese
There are 7 general capabilities that describe the knowledge, skills, behaviours and dispositions that children and young people need to live, learn and work successfully in a changing world.
- Critical and creative thinking
- Information and communication technology capability
- Personal and social capability
- Ethical understanding
- Intercultural understanding
There are 3 cross-curriculum priorities that provide global, national and regional dimensions to develop students’ knowledge, understanding and skills relating to:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
- Asia and Australia’s Engagement with Asia
Keeping Safe: child protection curriculum
The Keeping Safe: child protection curriculum is required for all children and young people and is taught at Eden Hills Primary School.